Community Relations and Training Coordinator
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Processes and allocates Gifts-in-Kind donations; coordinates and facilitates the organization-wide volunteer program; performs community outreach; facilitates and delivers Core Training for all new employees, volunteers, and interns; and is responsible for all aspects of volunteer engagement. This includes attending community events with the goals of building awareness around Crossroads’ mission and volunteer recruitment. Community relations also includes coordinating with local service organizations, fraternities and sororities from local colleges, local businesses and churches, for example.
Supervision Received and Exercised: Reports to the Director of Development and External Relations. Supervises volunteers.
Hours, Wages, and Benefits: 40 hours per week, Normal business hours 8:30 AM - 5 PM Monday-Friday; requires flexibility around CORE Trainings and the organization’s needs.
- Develops methods for receiving gifts-in-kind, informing constituents of the agency’s needs (i.e. clothes, food), and recording receipt of such gifts to ensure that donors are acknowledged for their generosity.
- Enters all in-kind donations into Bloomerang, Crossroads’ donor management system.
- Recruits, selects, trains, and places volunteer personnel consistent with agency needs.
- Facilitates, coordinates, and leads an organization-wide volunteer program.
- Communicates with, supervises and empowers volunteers to be effective in their roles.
- Maintains on-going/timely notification to volunteers of changes in policy/procedures, which impact their work at the agency.
- Facilitates Monthly continuing education classes for volunteers in conjunction with our Direct Service Training and Volunteer Coordinator.
- Works directly with the Development Associate to create and post marketing and recruitment materials, and social media postings to recruit additional volunteers.
- Works cooperatively with diverse populations, genders, and ethnicities/cultures.
- Maintains accurate records and statistics for reporting purposes.
Community Relations and Recruiting
- Creates an annual plan to lead, facilitate, and implement community outreach in order to create awareness around Crossroads’ mission specific to recruitment of additional volunteers and interns.
- Provides organization-wide intake and orientation for all employees, interns, and volunteers.
- Provides up to five “Core Trainings” per year, including extensive domestic violence/intimate partner abuse education and an introduction to Crossroads’ services and resources.
- Assists in additional trainings required for staff, interns, and volunteers.
- Provides ongoing updates to volunteer training manual and curriculum.
A full-time employee (32 hours or more weekly) is eligible for insurance and Vacation benefits on the first of the month following 60 days of employment. Benefits include:
- Health, Dental & Vision insurance 50% company paid
- Short-term Disability, Life, AD&D; 100% company paid
- Vacation: 3 weeks/year (for up to 5 years of service)
- Sick Leave: 80 hours per year (waiting period does not apply)
- Holidays: 14 per year
- Excellent training and presentation skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to build and maintain meaningful relationships with volunteers.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Management, Non-Profit Administration, related field or commensurate experience.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and organize volunteer projects.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of the dynamics of Domestic Violence/Intimate Partner Abuse.
- Experience in direct service non-profit environment preferred.
- Knowledge of local community and human service resources.
Crossroads Safehouse is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and complies with all applicable Federal and Colorado State laws, regulations and executive orders in the provision of programs and services. Crossroads Safehouse does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring or firing of staff, selection of volunteers and vendors, and provision of services. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, clients, volunteers, subcontractors, and vendors.