DART & Legal Advocate
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Provides crisis intervention, information, referrals, advocacy, and emotional support by phone and in-person communication to residential and non-residential clients with a focus on supporting clients with legal needs.
Supervision Received and Exercised: Reports to and receives supervision from the Assistant Manager, exercises no supervision.
Hours, Wages, and Benefits: $17.00 - $19.00/ hour; 40 hours per week; Weekdays/Weekends; Days/Evenings/Overnights
Crisis Intervention & Victim Advocacy
- Conducts client intakes, new resident orientation, policy contracts, and client exits.
- Performs record keeping functions pertaining to clients, including data collection, reporting, and case notes.
- Maintains current knowledge of interpersonal abuse
- Responds to the safety and welfare of the residents of Crossroads’ Emergency Shelter.
- Assists in maintaining the shelter and helps ensure the readiness of rooms for occupancy. This includes minor maintenance, necessary cleaning, laundry, stocking of linens and supplies, sanitation of surfaces, and other chores.
- Manages a caseload of outreach and residential clients.
- Provides crisis intervention in-person and via phone to victims of domestic violence.
- Participates as a member of Crossroads Domestic Abuse Response Team (DART), including on-call shifts.
- Performs related duties as assigned by Leadership.
Legal & DART Responsibilities
- Supports daily DART program operations. This includes providing individual advocacy, safety planning, and information regarding protection orders, crime victim’s compensation, and crime victim’s rights to victims navigating the criminal justice system.
- Nurtures relationships with legal community resources, such as the District Attorney’s Office, court personnel, local law enforcement agencies and medical emergency services organizations.
- Serves as a member of the staff team and Legal Advocacy team; participates in client case management, staff meetings, and team efforts in problem solving, applicable program and policy development, program evaluation, and planning.
- Provides information, community referrals, court accompaniment, and advocacy support to victims navigating legal challenges, including protection orders, reporting to law enforcement, divorce, and custody.
- May participate as a member of Crossroads’ training team providing information and education regarding Crossroads’ legal programs.
- Implements and facilitates individual and group advocacy.
- Knowledge concerning the impact of trauma.
- Ability to effectively deescalate crisis situations.
- Ability to lift 40 pounds.
- Ability to climb one flight of stairs.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of local community and human services resources.
- Experience with case management.
- Experience related to domestic violence, human services, or a related field.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a Behavioral Science Field or related field.
- Bilingual Spanish/English a plus.
A full-time employee (32 hours or more weekly) is eligible for insurance and Vacation benefits on the first of the month following 60 days of employment. Benefits include:
- Health, Dental & Vision insurance 50% company paid
- Short-term Disability, Life, AD&D; 100% company paid
- Vacation: 3 weeks/year (for up to 5 years of service)
- Sick Leave: 80 hours per year (waiting period does not apply)
- Holidays: 14 per year
Crossroads Safehouse is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and complies with all applicable Federal and Colorado State laws, regulations and executive orders in the provision of programs and services. Crossroads Safehouse does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring or firing of staff, selection of volunteers and vendors, and provision of services. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, clients, volunteers, subcontractors, and vendors.