FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reporting to the Director of Development and External Relations, this position will focus on donor cultivation and stewardship and annual and leadership gift programming, with the overarching goals being donor retention and acquisition. This position will lead the effort to apply and steward new and annual private foundation grants that support Crossroads’ programs. This position will plan, prepare and implement Crossroads Safehouse’s annual fundraiser and it will facilitate 3rd party fundraising events. This position will also lead and manage the Bloomerang donor database, ensuring data standards and system protocols are maintained. Other duties as assigned.
Supervision Received and Exercised: Reports to the Director of Development and External Relations. May supervise interns and part-time employees.
Hours, Wages, and Benefits: Standard office hours, 8:30 am-5:00 pm, Monday through Friday. Some evenings and weekends may be required for events.
Annual/Leadership Giving and Foundation Grants
- Develop and executive an annual program plan to retain and acquire annual and leadership gifts through regular solicitations, stewardship campaigns and annual programs such as ColoradoGives and Giving Tuesday.
- Apply for and steward new and annual private foundation grants, working collaboratively with program leads to continually advance grant awards.
- Plan, prepare and implement Crossroads’ annual fundraiser.
- Facilitate 3rd party events, building relationships with the event leads and assisting these individuals and groups to promote and follow upon their event.
- Develop and manage donor communications as they relates to outreach campaigns, this includes monthly e-newsletters sent via email, published on Facebook and distributed through other social media outlets.
- Manage regular print mailings, working with volunteers and/or mail houses and potentially external graphic designers.
- Lead volunteer efforts to help with fundraising.
Serve as the Bloomerang expert, to lead the effort to create and sustain data integrity.
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to build and maintain meaningful relationships with donors and other Crossroads’ constituents.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and organize programs and projects.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to lead and guide volunteers and interns and to foster cross-organization collaboration.
- Experience in direct service non-profit environment
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, development or marketing
Crossroads Safehouse is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and complies with all applicable Federal and Colorado State laws, regulations and executive orders in the provision of programs and services. Crossroads Safehouse does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring or firing of staff, selection of volunteers and vendors, and provision of services. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, clients, volunteers, subcontractors, and vendors.