FLSA Status: Exempt
Crossroads Safehouse has been providing shelter, outreach, and prevention in the Fort Collins area for 42 years. Crossroads provides trauma informed care to victims through advocacy and support. Its programs and services include our crisis line, emergency shelter, non-resident advocacy, domestic abuse response, legal advocacy, legal representation, rapid and transitional housing, prevention and education, and youth and bilingual advocacy.
Crossroads aspires to create a future without domestic violence. We focus on sheltering, outreach, and prevention with an eye toward doing all that we possibly can to reduce the numbers we see.
We are seeking a well-organized, dynamic and compassionate Executive Director to lead this critically important community organization that serves hundreds of domestic violence victims every year.
Supervision Received and Exercised: Reports to Board of Directors, exercises direct supervision.
Hours, Wages, and Benefits: Commensurate with experience; $85,000 - $100,000. Benefits include: Health insurance, PTO, life insurance, disability benefits, and participation in a simplified IRA plan. Ability to work flexible hours, if needed.
The Executive Director of Crossroads Safehouse functions as the general manager of the agency in accordance with the strategic direction and policies established by the board. The Executive Director is responsible for overseeing the administration of programmatic operations, fundraising, programs, public outreach, financial oversight, and strategic planning of the organization. Additional key duties include general management of the day-to-day operations, public relations, and community outreach.
- Five years of Executive Director or executive leadership experience with successful and proven fundraising results.
- Bachelor’s degree in social work, counseling, education, policy, psychology or other area related to the provision of advocacy services.
- Non-profit management experience and a successful track record leading people and organizations and building relationships with key partners.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to work collaboratively and create a team-oriented environment.
- An ability to prioritize and manage a variety of often unrelated tasks; willingness to assume any task as required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Additional Desired Qualifications
- Knowledge of laws and regulations affecting victims of domestic violence.
- Knowledge of programs, services, and best practices to support victims.
- Strong marketing, public relations, and fundraising experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and cultures.
- Knowledge of local community and human services resources.
How to Apply
Send cover letter and resume to the attention of the Hiring Committee at [email protected].
Application Deadline: For preferred consideration, please apply by 5:00 MST on November 14, 2022.
This information is provided in compliance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act and is Crossroads Safehouse’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the compensation range and benefits offered for this position. The compensation offered to the successful applicant may vary based on factors including experience, skills, education, location, or other job-related reasons. Crossroads Safehouse also makes internal equity a consideration in compensation packages.
Crossroads Safehouse is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and complies with all applicable Federal and Colorado State laws, regulations and executive orders in the provision of programs and services. Crossroads Safehouse does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring or firing of staff, selection of volunteers and vendors, and provision of services. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, clients, volunteers, subcontractors, and vendors.