Full-time Bilingual Advocate
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The purpose of the Crossroads Safehouse Full Time Bilingual Advocate is to provide crisis intervention, information, referrals, advocacy, and emotional support on a regular basis by phone and in-person communication to residential and non-residential clients, including crisis hotline callers and walk-ins with an emphasis on Spanish monolingual and Spanish bilingual clients.
Supervision Received and Exercised: The purpose of the Crossroads Safehouse Full Time Bilingual Advocate is to provide crisis intervention, information, referrals, advocacy, and emotional support on a regular basis by phone and in-person communication to residential and non-residential clients, including crisis hotline callers and walk-ins with an emphasis on Spanish monolingual and Spanish bilingual clients.
Hours, Wages, and Benefits: $16.00 - $18.00/hr. ; 40-hours, consisting of evenings, weekends, weekdays, and an overnight.
Crisis Intervention & Victim Advocacy
- Conducts client intakes, new resident orientation, policy contracts, and client exits.
- Manages a caseload of outreach and residential clients.
- Provides crisis intervention in-person and via phone to victims of domestic violence.
- Responds to the safety and welfare of the residents of Crossroads’ Emergency Shelter.
- Participates as a member of Crossroads Domestic Abuse Response Team (DART), including on-call shifts.
- Maintains current knowledge of interpersonal abuse.
- Serves as a member of the staff team; participates in client case management, staff meetings, and team efforts in problem solving, applicable program and policy development, program evaluation, and planning.
- Performs recordkeeping functions pertaining to clients in shelter programs, including data collection, reporting, and case notes.
- Maintains care of the facility by reporting needed repairs and health/safety hazards to the facilities manager.
- Assists in maintaining the shelter and helps ensure the readiness of rooms for occupancy. This includes minor maintenance, necessary cleaning, laundry, stocking of linens and supplies, sanitation of surfaces, and other chores.
- Maintains supply of forms and handouts, assembles client files and folders.
- Creates and implements bilingual outreach support groups in the community.
- Supports the facilitation of educational and promotional Crossroads/domestic violence programs and presentations to various partnership service agencies and community organizations and gatherings.
- Performs related duties as assigned by Leadership.
- Bilingual English/Spanish.
- Knowledge concerning domestic violence.
- Ability to effectively deescalate crisis situations.
- Knowledge of local community and human services resources.
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds.
- Ability to climb one flight of stairs.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with case management.
- Experience in human services or related field preferred.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Human Behavioral Science or related field.
A full-time employee (32 hours or more weekly) is eligible for insurance and Vacation benefits on the first of the month following 60 days of employment. Benefits include:
- Health, Dental & Vision insurance 50% company paid
- Short-term Disability, Life, AD&D; 100% company paid
- Vacation: 3 weeks/year (for up to 5 years of service)
- Sick Leave: 80 hours per year (waiting period does not apply)
- Holidays: 14 per year
Crossroads Safehouse is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and complies with all applicable Federal and Colorado State laws, regulations and executive orders in the provision of programs and services. Crossroads Safehouse does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring or firing of staff, selection of volunteers and vendors, and provision of services. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, clients, volunteers, subcontractors, and vendors.