FLSA Status: Exempt
Provides representation to victims of domestic violence, sexual assault and stalking before the 8th and 19th Judicial Court Districts and remote, unbundled legal services to victims in the 14th Judicial Court District. Coordinates these services with civil and criminal justice systems, mental health, human services, children’s agencies and programs and other appropriate agencies.
Supervision Received and Exercised: Reports to Managing Attorney. This position works in collaboration with the managing attorney and support staff to represent indigent victims in civil cases. This position will have some oversight and supervision of support staff for case related matters.
Hours, Wages, and Benefits: $50,000 - $65,000 commensurate with experience. Includes Health insurance, Life Insurance, Disability Benefits, Paid Vacation and Sick Leave, Simple IRA plan.
- Provides trauma-informed legal representation and unbundled legal services in civil legal matters primarily in family law and civil protection order cases.
- Provides advice and unbundled legal services regarding other civil matters (housing, replevin, employment, education, immigration, privacy, etc.) implicated by domestic violence, sexual assault, and stalking.
- Exercises initiative, sound judgment, and creativity in providing legal assistance.
- Provides legal advice on ways in which criminal matters impact other civil legal remedies.
- Collects and compiles statistics and information regarding BJH applicants and clients.
- Maintains up to date knowledge in the field of trauma-informed legal services through seminars and workshops.
- Other duties as assigned by the managing attorney.
- Spanish/English Bilingual preferred, but not required.
- A 20-hour required domestic violence training will be provided by Crossroads Safehouse.
Crossroads Safehouse is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and complies with all applicable Federal and Colorado State laws, regulations, and executive orders in the provision of programs and services. No person in the United States shall, on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity (as defined in paragraph 249(c)(4) of Title 18, United States Code, sexual orientation, or disability, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program or employment of Crossroads Safehouse.