Volunteer & Community Relations Coordinator
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Crossroads Safehouse seeks a volunteer and community relations coordinator who will assist the agency to manage and facilitate the organization-wide volunteer program and perform community outreach and training. This position is critical to Crossroads’ present and future operations. This opportunity is full‐time, non‐exempt, and it will report to the Director of Development and External Relations. The salary range is $30,900 - $33,900.
Supervision Received and Exercised: Reports to the Director of Development and External Relations; supervises volunteers
Hours: Standard business hours
Volunteer Management Responsibilities
- Recruit, select, train and place the volunteer personnel consistent with agency needs.
- Facilitate, manage, and lead an organization-wide volunteer program.
- Ability to communicate with, supervise and empower volunteers to be effective in their roles.
- Maintain ongoing/timely notification to volunteers of changes in policy/procedures, which impact their work at the agency.
- Monthly continuing education classes for volunteers.
- Work directly with the Development Associate to create and post marketing and recruitment materials and social media postings to recruit additional volunteers.
- Ability to work cooperatively with diverse populations, genders, and ethnicities/cultures.
- Maintain accurate records and statistics for reporting purposes.
Community Outreach and Training Responsibilities
- Create an annual plan to lead, facilitate and implement community outreach in order to create awareness around Crossroads’ mission and recruit additional volunteers and interns.
- Provide organization-wide orientation for all employees, interns, and volunteers.
- Provide up to five “Core Trainings” per year, including extensive domestic violence/intimate partner abuse education and an introduction to Crossroads’ services and resources.
- Assist in additional trainings required for staff, interns, and volunteers.
- Provide ongoing updates to volunteer training manual and curriculum.
- Culture Committee lead and facilitator.
Gifts-in-Kind Donation Responsibilities
- Develop methods for receiving gifts-in-kind, informing constituents of the agency’s needs (i.e. clothes, food), and recording receipt of such gifts to ensure that donors are acknowledged for their generosity.
- Entry of all in-kind donations into Bloomerang, Crossroads’ donor management system.
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Excellent training and presentation skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to build and maintain meaningful relationships with volunteers.
- Knowledge and understanding of the dynamics of Domestic Violence/Intimate Partner Abuse.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and organize volunteer projects.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in non-profit environment preferred.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Management, Non-Profit Administration, or related field.
- Knowledge of local community and human service resources.
Crossroads Safehouse is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and complies with all applicable Federal and Colorado State laws, regulations, and executive orders in the provision of programs and services. No person in the United States shall, on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity (as defined in paragraph 249(c)(4) of Title 18, United States Code, sexual orientation, or disability, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program or employment of Crossroads Safehouse.