Road to Home Rapid Rehousing Program
Road to Home helps to provide housing resources to our residents
Lack of safe, stable and affordable housing is often the key barrier most victims face in their path to leave an abusive situation. Many victims either feel trapped in an abusive home or leave the abuse into homelessness. Road to Home seeks to remove the barriers to gaining permanent housing and offer the support and tools needed for survivors to live free from the cycle of abuse.
RTH staff work alongside survivors in their transition from homelessness to permanent housing to help them with searching for housing and leasing up. We continue to provide support long after move-in to help participants attain their own goals for stability in their housing long term. These supports include rental assistance, utility assistance, and flexible financial help for those unexpected life roadblocks that could jeopardize housing. RTH is also committed to building strong partnerships with a variety of community agencies we can connect our participants with to further realize their self-defined goals.
I need help with housing
Road to Home does not maintain a waiting list for interested participants and we accept participants into our program through a system of service providers working with people experiencing homelessness.
If you are experiencing domestic violence and need support, you can contact 970.482.3535 (24/7) to speak to a domestic violence victim advocate to learn more about options available to you. For non-emergent housing related inquires, you can contact Road to Home at 970.444.2943 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
I want to help the work of Road to Home
Most often, our participants move in to their new homes with little to no possessions. Please consider helping to make their new house a home by donating.
- Donations of Small Items for Newly Housed Participants
- Shower Curtains
- Desks (children desks)
- Gift cards (e.g. VISA cards, Walmart, Target, King Soopers, Amazon, etc.)
- Donations of Large Items
- Due to lack of storage space, Road to Home often is unable to accept donations of furniture or other larger items, but these items are still highly needed for our participants.
- Please contact 970.444.2943 if you have furniture in good condition that you are interested in donating, particularly items such as:
- Area rugs
- TV Stands
- Patio Sets
- You may also consider donating furniture to our partner agency, Room 4 Hope. Contact Gloria Hudson at 480-330-8455 for more information.
- Car Donations
- Many of our participants lack reliable transportation. If you have a reliable vehicle you are looking to donate to a good cause, please contact 970.444.2943.
- Financial contributions
- Donating financially to Road to Home can help us continue to provide high quality and comprehensive support needed to end the cycle of abuse through housing.
Landlord and Property Manager Partners
- Renting to a Road to Home participant has the following benefits:
- Know that rent will get paid
- Decrease your vacancy rate
- Lower your risk of eviction
- Be treated with respect
- Click here for the Landlord/Property Managers brochure.
- If you are interested in becoming a Landlord or Property Manager Partner, please contact 970.444.2943 or email email@example.com.
It takes a community to end the cycle of abuse
Road to Home would like to thank the following community partners for joining us in this work.
This project was supported by Grant No. 2019-WH-AX-0046 awarded by the Office on Violence Against Women, U.S. Department of Justice. The opinions, findings, conclusions, and recommendations expressed in this publication/program/exhibition are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the U.S. Department of Justice.